This is used when you want to position the exposed form in the sidebar or anywhere else, but not with the view. Instead, a block will be made available to the Drupal block administration system, and the exposed form will appear there. Note that this block must be enabled manually, Views will not enable it for you.
To do this select "Exposed form in block: Yes" and choose one option from "Exposed form style".
You have several options to customize the appearance of the exposed forms:
- When you expose a form and the view is loaded, no filter is selected and all items will displayed.
- Input required
- When you expose a form and the view is loaded, only the filter settings are shown. After you select one filter and hit the apply button, the items willi be shown.
- Submit button text
- Text to display in the submit button of the exposed form.
- Include reset button
- If checked the exposed form will provide a button to reset all the applied exposed filters
- Reset button label
- Text to display in the reset button of the exposed form.
- Exposed sorts label
- Text to display as the label of the exposed sort select box.
- Text to use when exposed sort is ordered ascending.
- Text to use when exposed sort is ordered descending.