Statewide IT5K Fun Run/Walk Fundraiser
Make strides (literally) with your colleagues at the Statewide IT5K Fun Run/Walk Fundraiser on Wednesday, October 18 at 5:30pm at the Cyberinfrastructure Building (2709 E. 10th St.).
This year, UITS has teamed up with the IU Simon Cancer Center in Indianapolis to organize this fundraising event in conjunction with the 2017 Statewide IT Conference.
Grab a colleague, sign up to run, walk, or wheel along the 5K loop, and/or donate some cash to aid in colon cancer early detection and treatment.Email us to sign up
Teams will be designated by UITS division, IU campus, or department, with an award given to the team who raises the most funds
Donate and support your division’s team
- Go to the IU Simon Cancer Center fundraising webpage and fill out your details.
- Under the “Designation” field, select “IU Health Simon Cancer Center.”
- In the “Leave a comment (optional)” field, type “IT5K/divisionname”.
- Fill out the billing information.
- Click on “Donate.”
- That’s it!
Why support the IU Simon Cancer Center?
Traditionally, Craig Stewart, associate dean of Research Technologies, leads participants on a 5K track from the CIB to campus, and back. This year, we’re going to do it while raising funds for colon cancer screening test kits to aid in early detection and treatment. Stewart has himself been fighting cancer over the last year and is glad to report he’s currently cancer free. The IU Simon Cancer Center team has been paramount to his treatment.
- UITS Research Technologies/Pervasive Technology Insitute
- UITS Client Services & Support
- Media Digitization & Preservation Initiative
- Department of Earth & Atmospheric Sciences
- IUPUI School of Informatics
- IT Communications Office
- School of Education
- IUPUI FIAD Office of Technology Services
- User Experience Office
- UITS Human Resources
- Clinical Affairs IT Services
- UITS Networks
- School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering (SICE)
- IU Kokomo
- UITS HR and Admin Support
- UITS Enterprise Systems
- UITS Facilities